Friday, September 16, 2005

Year One

So today's my birthday... I'm 27 (offsuit). Been a year tracking my poker playing... pretty uneventful compared to others who are writing articles and books and playing in WSoP events. But I've had fun and learned a lot and can only get better.

It was an uneventful year altogether I guess. But I have a home and a beautiful family, so there's not really much more I could ask for!

I've got the day off from work because at the beginning of the year, I'd submitted today as one of my floating holidays... my birthday very conveniently falling on a Friday. But since my wife is out of town and my brothers backed out of coming down from Anchorage (one turned 21 yesterday, the other will be 20 on Monday), there's nothing left for me to do but play some poker!!! Here's my schedule for the day:

10:30 AM - $45 buy-in tourney at the Silver Dollar
12:45 PM - $45 buy-in tourney at the Midway
3:00 PM - $25 buy-in tourney at the Cascade
6:00 PM - $35 buy-in tourney at the Rising Dragon
8:00 PM - Dinner break... come home and let the kids "surprise" me.
12:00 AM - $25 buy-in tourney at the Crazy Moose

And since I'm 27, you know I'll be playing that hand every time I see it! :)