Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Hmmm

Dropped $500 into Neteller recently and started making deposits (and withdrawals, thank goodness) from a couple different poker sites and trying to become a bonafide bonus chasing whore. But as I sit here, I can't avoid seeing and hearing about the devastation Katrina has left behind; and it makes typing about Pocket Aces getting beat seem kind of trivial.

I don't have any family out in that area, nor have I been affected by it personally in any way; but with the loss of lives and livelihoods... it really makes my worries and stresses seem inconsequential. I think I went into this same mood after the SE Asia tsunamis - kind of sad that it takes an event of that magnitude to make me remember to truly appreciate the things I do have.

My evening online-time, be it poker playing or blog reading, will probably be limited for the next few days, as I spend that time snuggling with my kids.