Friday, June 17, 2005

Taking it Easy

Met up with WSOP Veteran EasyCure at the Silver Dollar after work yesterday. Well, actually, it was a little bit before my shift was up... the network was down for some reason and productivity grinded to halt so I left half an hour early. Things were powering back up just as I was leaving, but I told the boss I had already shut down and wrapped things up for the night. Besides, there were much more important matters to attend to!

I found the man sporting his red WSOP cap, dead center at table 2 (my favorite seat!). He'd been there for less than an hour, but already had pocket Aces cracked and was on his second rack. This place is either Easy Money or Bad Beat Central.

They opened a 3rd table and Easy asked to move down, joining me and my coworker at one end of the table. Nothing spectacular for me... the few decent hands I saw all missed, and if I had stayed in with 84o, I would have taken a big pot when the runner-runner 4's hit against someone who had flopped 2 pair.

I did, however, get to witness Easycure playing "in the zone." He made a call on the River with pocket 8's, with 2 overcards on the board, against a pre-flop raiser who led out the whole way. The PFR mucked. Nice read! Then he pulled the classic Limp-Reraise from UTG with AA. He got plenty of action and was even raised once on the flop. They held up and I think that pot got him back to even! I'm glad I never had to tangle with the beast!

I was there for only about an hour when they broke the table. Down $40 and it was time to hit the road anyways.

MP - looking forward to hanging out with you again soon, and definitely for a more extended period of time. Maybe we'll get to drop some Hammers too!