Saturday, April 30, 2005

Seeing Things

I've been given a sign from above! I will be winning this Sunday! This was in an email from my mother-in-law:



Just stare at the center 4 dots for 30 seconds, then turn your gaze to a blank wall and blink and you will see the face of Jesus!

And if you're loony enough, he'll even talk to you and tell you anything you want to hear, like the fact that you'll be winning the 2nd Blogger's WSOP Satellite. And if you don't, it's your own fault because you're a sinner for gambling anyways...

Yea, like the powers that be in our world wouldn't have anything better to do than stack the deck in my favor. Obviously, I'm not a religious person. The funniest part of the email was one of the responses from the multitudes of forwarding this email went through:

"I don't know how this works, but I'm totally spooked. Everyone in the office saw the same thing I did. Spooookkkyyy!"

It saddens me that there are people out and about that are actually that stupid. And using email no less. It's called an optical illusion honey... I'll admit, it's a very well done one, but I knew even before reading the instructions what I was going to be seeing.

Here's a neat one to try: stare directly at the sun for 30 seconds, and then tell me what you see on the walls!

I wish someone would put this inverse-color after-image effect to good use. Here, let me give it a shot.

If you really want to see the savior, stare at the button in the middle of this picture for 30 seconds, then... ummm... then you... uhhh... yeah....



See you on Sunday!