Wednesday, April 27, 2005

When Bloggers Attack

All of the parties involved in play criticism have kissed and made up. We sure can bitch about bad plays and suckouts from the fishies, but when you play in a tourney of bloggers-only, be careful who you berate cause they can bite back!

Funny thing is, if either of the plays in question had involved THE HAMMER... there would be nothing but much rejoicing! :)

I've had a hell of a see-saw week. I won my friend's home-game, $20 buy-in tourney on Saturday. But I could only claw my way to 19th at the WSOP satellite on Sunday. I put the rest of my PokerStars minimum buy-in at a NL table, and promptly lost it in the first orbit when my AA hit their set, and lost to a runner-runner flush. I money'd in the Monday night tourney; and then gave it all away to the lunchtime crowd on Tuesday. Didn't I just say something about staying away from the Peter and Paul situation? *sigh*

I didn't know how today was going to go, but I got my answer during the drive to work. I rear-ended someone... coming downhill, light just turned green and I saw other vehicles moving, I turned my head for a split second, not expecting to have to come to a complete stop... but the lady in front hadn't started going yet, and BAM!

My hood and grill are a little bent up, and I did nothing more than paint their bumper. Of course, as we exchanged IDs and insurance cards, she took down my info with a hand on the back of her neck. C'mon lady, it was a little love tap... your fat-ass had enough cushion for you to not feel anything. As I talked to the claims agent later in the afternoon, she said that there was already an injury claim in place.

If this little fender-bender causes me more grief than it has to, I'm gonna head over and make sure her injuries are well-justified! FOX can follow me with a camera and they can film the pilot episode of "WHEN BLOGGERS ATTACK!"

Speaking of TV, just got done watching the Atlantis episode of the WPT. Fun to watch and see the actual hole cards that went along with the betting that Otis blogged about! And what's up with the WONDERCAM? I've had dealers say they can't Foxhunt or they'll lose their license... maybe they could do it because this wasn't regulated by US gaming laws? Or am I completely wrong and we'll be seeing the WONDERCAM in future episodes? Have they done it before and I just missed it? The WPT brought televised poker into the mainstream, so I guess they can do whatever the hell they want!

With the way things are going this week, I don't know where I'll be, physically and mentally, on Sunday. Here's to hoping I'll be in a calm enough state of mind to take another stab at the satellite. And if I do show up, be warned, it'll be with both swords swinging!