Friday, March 25, 2005

Raise My Blinds, PLEASE!

Decided to hang out with the lunch crowd at the Silver Dollar today, and bought in for a measly $60. Nothing really playable, and then I had J7 in the blind. Flop a 7, SB bets, I call, as does everyone else. Turn is the Jack of Spades. SB bets, I raise, and still get a few callers. River brings a third Spade. I check, and there's a late position bet... nice runner-runner.

An orbit later, still nothing playable. The BB brings me 36o. No one raises and I get to see a flop... 457 rainbow. I checkraise my flopped straight. The Turn is a T. I lead out and get raised from MP! He raised his T5 two-pair, and then caught a 5 for the boat on the River.

Fittingly, I put in my last $10 and lost with AA.

I think I should just start mucking my blinds blind. Probably save me money in the long run!