Monday, May 02, 2005

Forsaken

Even after seeing Jesus and being promised I would win, I busted out unceremoniously in 44th. I got crippled when I tried to overplay the Hammer; and in retrospect I think I actually underplayed it. I raised my 7s2c in EP after Anisotropy limped in and he called. Flop came 3 clubs, including a 7 and a Jack. He checked, I bet out about pot and he called. Turn was a red 9 and here's where I pussied out. I don't have the HH in front of me, but I think he had almost twice as many chips as me. I should have just pushed on the flop; and definitely on the turn... instead I made a weak bet that was too easy for him to call. A fourth club fell on the river, and he made me call off half my stack to see his KcQs. If I had pushed, he might have had a tougher decision calling with a gut-shot straight and possible 2nd nut flush draw.

Don't worry Sean, I'll have the last laugh when T.O. is booted from the team and your precious Eagles don't even make the playoffs this year!

What sucks is I read him for a big club... I seem to be really good at reading people nowadays. The only problem is I still make the wrong decision based on the right read. Guess that's what separates the winning players from... well... me.

So I was down to T500; all-in with A3o against Derek's QQ and rivered a deuce for the Wheel. My next all-in hand was 77 with 2 callers: an AQ and Easycure's 55. There was a Q and a 5 on the flop; and I didn't hit the Jackpot 7 to triple up.

Ah well. My wife came back from NY on Saturday night, and she was itching to play some limit. The NL games at the NY clubs were too much stress for her with all of the business stuff she was dealing with as well out there, so she wanted to have some fun tossing chips out and chasing everything to the river. Although we got to play for 3+ hours and hang out with some friends at the Midway, as you can guess, since I've been forsaken by the Gods, Poker and all, we walked away empty-handed. It wasn't even getting bad-beat... it was just getting absolutely nothing playable.

I'm starting up some online classes to brush up on my IT skills, so that will definitely cut into my poker playing time. Which is probably a good thing for now....