Friday, September 02, 2005

Martial Law

So martial law hasn't yet been declared, but I heard authorities have been given the okay to shoot to kill. And boy, do I hope they do.

It's one thing to loot a grocery store to get food to feed yourself and your family, but hitting up a sporting good store for shoes and football jerseys?

Reports of people getting raped in the Superdome? WTF? That's Superdome, people, not Mad Max and the Thunderdome. If I were there (and single) I might be tempted to ask every decent looking girl I came across if they wanted to sneak around the corner and shag, given that it could very well be our last opportunity. But it would be consentual... how could you add more trauma to someone's life at this time?

And those idiots shooting at rescue 'copters. What a bunch of morons. Maybe this is just Mother Nature cleaning out the gene pool? Whatever the case, it's a good thing that our government has been on top of things! Oh wait... that's right, our soldiers are out dying on foreign soil and billions of dollars have been spent rebuilding some other country's infrastructure. Wonderful!

My wife is still out in NY, and the kids are spending the weekend with Grandma. I think there's not much left for me to do but try and forget the troubles of the world by hanging out at a 3/6 table.