Friday, March 10, 2006

Deal or No Deal

How can a game show that requires absolutely no skill whatsoever be so riveting to watch??? Completely idiotic, yet I can't turn away. Must appeal to the gambler in me... it's like Roulette, just cross your fingers and pick a number. Then do you take the guaranteed cash or try and parlay it? My favorite was an episode last week where she got her Deal to ~$90K, and she almost accepted, but her family adamantly told her NO DEAL! Then she hits two big numbers in a row and her Deal dumps down to ~$27K... her family is now sitting down and tells her, "Ummm... you do what you feel, it's all you now..." Gee, thanks! Here's a funny screenshot recap from TVGasm.

Anyways... I got a call late Tuesday offering me the job I've been stressing about! w00t! But the waiting's not over yet. I took a sick day on Wednesday to go uncomfortably pee in a cup, and HR is waiting for the results of that and a background check before I'm "cleared for hire." I've been a good boy, so I don't have anything to worry about; but the waiting is still killing me!

I got offered the salary I asked for, which was a little bit higher than what my friends on the inside told me that position paid, so I was expecting to have to get into a little give and take conversation. But my wife says I probably lowballed it if they offered me what I asked for straight up. Oh well. It may have been a factor in getting me selected over someone else who asked for higher; and it's a goodly amount more than what I'm making now so I'll gladly take that Deal.

I've stayed true to my word and kept away from the live tables... but it's hard to pass up logging into Party to claim the free money they seem to be giving away to everybody. They only gave me $35, but I worked that up to about $80 in one night thanks to a SnG win and 200 raked hands at the Omaha-Hi. Last night, I signed up for 4 of the $500 Freerolls ($100 for 1st), one starting every hour... Multi-tabling MTTs is tough - but I outlasted over 4800 others in two of them for a whopping $0.75 in more free money!!! Yes, that decimal is in the right place.

Somehow, I missed seeing the WSOP Freerolls they're running. Good thing Iggy keeps up on these things and makes sure we're all informed! Given that I've got two weeks before I start the new job (if nothing goes disastrously wrong), I think most, if not all, my spare time will be spent playing at Party. A completely free ride into one of the WSOP Main Events? DEAL!