Sunday, January 22, 2006

HORSE Poo

Things were a bit hectic at the office, and then I had to wait at KFC for 20 minutes for the drumsticks to finish cooking, so I didn't get home and logon to Full Tilt until about 7:30 (10:30 ET). I was already down to T900 and we were in the Stud level... great, the one game I haven't ever really played yet!

I somehow manage to win a few pots... one of the first hands I had K/K, but someone was showing an Ace and betting the whole way. That probably should have been a clue that he had another Ace in the hole, but I didn't get the memo and it turned out my Kings were good! I was up against a shortstacked Mean Gene who had two pair, 8s and 9s, but with just the pair of 9s showing. I had K/K and then the river paired my 3 for a bigger two pair.

Next thing I know, I've built myself back up to over 2500 and I've got some ammo for the Limit Hold'Em round. Both Mourn and SirFwalgman are on the brink of elimination, and I get some nice hands to try and bust them with; but they both outflop me and I end up paying them off and relegate myself to short stack status again.

I play pussy poker during the Omaha round, throwing away at least 2 huge winners. I'm all-in with my first hand of Razz, 34/6, and I'm up against 23/5 and he draws an Ace and I don't improve much.

I don't know what it is with Tourneys right now, but I am either the first to go, or invest a few hours just to bubble out. Very first hand of a SnG, I get Aces - UTG raised 3BB and I made it about 10BB... he calls and I push on the 78T rainbow flop. His pre-flop raised J9 (sooted!) held up.

Okay, let's try an Omaha SnG. Wow, I flop a set of Kings and have the nut flush draw, but the runner runner fills someone else's straight instead.

Back to a Hold'em MTT? Make it past the first break, only to immediately lose 3 races in a row for a whopping $0!

Somehow I manage to keep a paltry bankroll by racking up $20 sessions at the .05c/.10c PLO tables, which of course I feed right back into Tourneys in the hunt for the Big Score. For some reason, being a nickel and dime (literally) grinder just doesn't sound all that sexy, but it's paying the bills, so to speak.

Well, I'm pretty exhausted trying to look the Poker HORSE in the mouth, so I guess I'll go around back and give the ass end of the HORSE some more play time. Ummm... by that, you sickos, I mean I'll probably be playing less HO and more RSE. I hope the poo on that side isn't as thick, but somehow I have the feeling I'll be knee deep in it.

GO SEAHAWKS!