Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Bummer

This past week has been nothing but a series of bummers:
  • Not going to Vegas.

  • Flop 2 pair with AT on a AQTxx board. Lose to a slowplayed AQ.

  • Forgetting to check the Christmas lights before putting them up and having to restring almost the entire house.

  • Flop 2 pair with J3 in an unraised BB. Turn the Fullhouse. Lose to slowplayed QQ when Q rivers.

  • Finding out company is not able to offer Christmas bonus this year.
  • Not going to Vegas.

  • First to bust in a 3 table SnG with KK losing to a 47 who flopped the straight. At least they were suited!

  • Wife erasing last night's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show before I got a chance to re-watch some of the jigglies in slo-mo.

  • Did I mention, not going to Vegas?

More evidence that I'm just a bad luck suckhole: neither my wife or I have come away from the tables with any significant wins in the past few weeks. So she goes off to play the other night and I opt to stay home. She wakes me up at about 6am the next morning by slapping a fistful of 100s across my face. She hit a Quad jackpot for about $300 and they also held up for another $200 High-hand jackpot. If I had been there, the Quads probably would have already been hit by someone earlier (has happened to me twice before) and the high-hand would have been beaten with 2 minutes left to go.

I feel like a living Voodoo doll or something. If any of you want an extra edge in Vegas this weekend, buy me a ticket there and I'll sweat your opponents at the final table! Trust me, you can't lose!