Tuesday, December 27, 2005

See You Next Year!

Seeing as how I only get around to posting once a week, this is most likely my last post of 2005. Wow... another year gone... unbelievable.

Had a wonderful Christmas with the kids. Took them to see Santa on Friday - it only took 2.5 hours of standing in line to get to him. At least there was some entertainment in the form of a lady who couldn't keep track of her two little hellions... one of them ended up on the other side of the food court yelling "Mommy!", and my wife stopped the other one from leaving the mall while the mother was busy trying to keep her place in line. Some people just shouldn't be allowed to be parents. And you would think that the kids would have been told to remain well-behaved, what with Santa himself just a few yards away!

When my little ones finally got on the big man's lap, they ended up asking for things that weren't originally on their list, so the wife and I spent Saturday morning fighting the last minute crowds at Toys 'R' Us and Target so that Santa's reputation didn't get tarnished.

I've said it before: kids + Christmas = -EV.

The four-day weekend was nice, and I get another one for New Year's. I'll probably spend some of that time playing some more Omaha... tried out one of Full Tilt's PL Omaha SnG's and scored a 2nd place finish in my very first one. The pivotal hand was raising in LP, just for kicks, with 6969 double-suited and catching a 69x flop. The action was fast and furious and I wasn't quite sure exactly what I had, but I was all-in, won the hand and busted someone out. A series of nice flops right after that and I chipped up enough to sit back and cruise into the money. I put some of the SnG winnings into a .05/.10 PL game, and tripled-up when my Straight Flush was bet into by the Ace high flush and called by the King high flush. I guess scoring $15 in a nickel/dime game isn't too shabby... but why can't this shit ever happen to me in a game with dollar limits???

Tomorrow is my 3rd wedding anniversary, which really doesn't reflect the nature of me and my wife's relationship, as we're coming up on our 10th year together. We had a couple of kids, bought a house, ran a business, went through our share of ups and downs, and then got around to finally completing the formality of marriage just a few years ago. But it's still an important day, and as much time and money as we've spent on the kids the last few weeks, mommy and daddy will be treating themselves to some well deserved quality time together tomorrow - "quality time" meaning a nice steak dinner followed by a few hours of live poker playing!

Have a happy, fun, and most importantly, safe New Year's, and best wishes to everyone and their families for a healthy and wealthy 2006.