Wednesday, December 08, 2004

How To Play Pocket Kings

Muck 'em.

Fold it.

Throw that crap away.

Since my sleep schedule is still kinda outta whack from the weekend, I was up at 4:00am and there was a UB 25-pt Ultimate Point tourney starting up. It began nicely for me - I played well and didn't have to rely on any lucky draws or miracle river cards. Hovered around 10th place with 50 people left (out of 283), and top 30 places paid out so I figured I could just fold my way into the money, so to speak.

Then I see KK pop up on the button. Min-raise it, BB pushes all in and it costs me 1/3 of my stack to call him. I run into freakin' AA and the board gives him another Ace and a pair just for good measure.

It's downhill from there and I'm out in 39th place. Stupid high pocket pairs. I knew I shoulda just tossed that shit.