Monday, September 27, 2004

Win Some Lose Some

So the Seahawks kicked some butt this Sunday! 34-0 at home against San Fran. The two gay-friendliest cities in the country, and Seattle takes it! (p.s. I thought I should point out that I have nothing against homosexuals - my wife's in theater, so we know plenty who play for the other team. And it's a good gay friend of ours that always calls the SEA/SFC matchup the Gaybowl.)

Unfortunately, it didn't go quite so well for my wife at the Karaoke contest. We have a 6 yr-old daughter that just started 1st grade, and like Anisotropy points out, the beginning of the school year means the introduction of the latest strain of bugs from all of the favorite summer vacation locales. Both of my girls picked up the sniffles, and Shawni mostly fought it off by staying drugged up and getting lots of rest. By performance time, she was feeling alright and did an awesome job on Vision of Love by Mariah Carey. But it was a pretty tough field; and being a state fair, her performance just wasn't what the country-western judges were looking for.

Suffice it to say, she didn't finish in the money, so no poker for either of us until payday this weekend.