Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Woes of Working

As much as I'd love to play in the Blogger's tourney, my work schedule won't allow it. How cool is the WPBTOnline though??? My name will be on that leaderboard soon... oh yes, very soon.

In the meantime, I'm happy with the $120 I made at lunch today! Best hand was KQ of diamonds, flop comes all diamonds including the Ace. I'm EP so I check to see if anyone will bet into me. Nope. Turn is a black Q, so I bet and loudly proclaim, "Okay, I'm betting my pair of Queens!" I get raised, I re-raise, and when he caps, I say "Uh-oh, you got me outkicked?" The River is a blank and then he only calls my bet. I show him the flopped nut flush, and he laughs as he showed me he did have me outkicked with AQ. Hey, I wasn't lying when I said I had a pair of Queens!

Lunch hour was over after that hand and I had to leave in the middle of a rush. This working thing sucks... who needs a regular paycheck anyways??!?